TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. In these Battle of Britain Tours (BoBT) Terms and Conditions (The “Terms and Conditions”):-
“Booked Event” means any promoted tour;
“Customer” means the individual, partnership or company or their servants, agents or employees who have completed the booking;
“Event Organisers” means the owners, operators or organisers of the Booked Event;
“Full Payment” means the total cost (deposit and final balance) of the Tour Package(s) including VAT. BoBT shall only be deemed to have received Full Payment once confirmation has been received by BoBT’s bank that cleared funds have been received.
“BoBT” means Battle of Britain Tours;
“Tour Package(s)” means the package(s) set out in the website or invoice and requested by the Customer.
BoBT address - 33 Castle Row, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2QY.
2. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between BoBT and the Customer, and supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except as expressly agreed in writing by an authorised officer of BoBT. All other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where any conflict arises between the terms contained in the booking form and these Terms and Conditions the latter shall prevail.
3. BoBT does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term (whether expressed or implied under statute or otherwise) as to the fitness for purpose, quality, suitability or otherwise of the Booked Event and all conditions are excluded.
4. Once the Customer has completed an order they have seven days in which to cancel their booking, during which time no cost will be incurred by the Customer. The customer agrees to waive its rights to cancel in circumstances where it completes an order for the East Kent tours less than 30 days prior to the Booked Event. Thereafter the Customer will incur the cancellation costs (if any) as set out in clause 7 of these Terms and Conditions. Any cancellation must be confirmed in writing to BoBT at email@example.com.
5. Full payment is required immediately by credit/debit card when purchasing through website.
Changes to this Agreement
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Agreement that we deem to be material, we will make a reasonable effort to inform you of such changes, but it is your responsibility to review the Agreement made available via the website from time to time to see if it has changed. If you do not agree with the changes, do not place any further orders using th5s Feature.
We will not change any terms and conditions for an existing order that has been accepted. The terms and conditions that will apply to an accepted order are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you made the order.
Transfers or Assignments
You cannot transfer or assign any rights you may have under this Agreement without our prior written consent.
You agree that we may appoint third party collections agencies to collect any amounts owing to us under this Agreement without your consent.
BoBT SHALL NOT BEAR ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSSES OF ANY KIND THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF A PAYMENT MADE ON ITEMS INCORRECTLY BILLED OR FOR ANY DELAY IN THE ACTUAL DATE ON WHICH YOUR CREDIT CARD IS CHARGED, except to the extent that such fees or charges arise as a result of BoBT’s error or system failure. If any fees or charges are imposed as a result of BoBT’s error or system failure, please provide BoBT with a copy of the relevant records, and if BoBT determines such error was made by them then they will reimburse you for the relevant fees or charges.
6. Tickets and other admission documents for the Booked Event and/or the Tour Package(s) shall not be issued to the Customer until Full Payment has been received in cleared funds by BoBT. It is the Customer responsibility to ensure that all payments have been made before querying dispatch of tickets and other admission documents.
East Kent tours:-
7. In the event of the Customer wishing to cancel the booking for one day East Kent tours, any such cancellation must be confirmed in writing to BoBT who shall exercise its sole discretion in deciding whether to accept such cancellation by the Customer. On receipt of such a notice of cancellation and subject to BoBT accepting such cancellation, BoBT shall be entitled to a) charge a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the tour Package(s) as priced on the website or invoice where such notice of cancellation has been received by BoBT 30+ days prior to the date of the booked event; or b) charge a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Tour Package(s) as priced on the website or invoice where such notice of cancellation has been received by BoBT less than 30 days prior to the first day of the Booked Event.
London walking tours
On receipt of such a notice of cancellation and subject to BoBT accepting such cancellation for the London walking tour, BoBT shall be entitled to a) charge a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the tour Package(s) as priced on the website or invoice where such notice of cancellation has been received by BoBT between 48-96 hours prior to the start time of the booked event; or b) charge a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Tour Package(s) as priced on the website or invoice where such notice of cancellation has been received by BoBT less than 48 hours prior to the first day of the Booked Event. Customers on London walking tours are able to receive a full 100% refund, minus any costs or losses incurred by BoBT, for bookings made on the BoBT website if such notice of cancellation has been received 96 hours (four days) or more before the Event start time.
Customers on London walking tours who have booked via third party promoters such as TripAdvisor and Viator will be entitled to refunds in accordance with their individual Terms and Conditions.
8. In the event of the customer wishing to alter the booking at any time, such alteration shall be subject to agreement by BoBT in writing and will be subject to an administration charge equal to 15% of the Tour Package(s) so altered as priced on the booking form.
9. BoBT has no control over the running of the Booked Event and all details and descriptions in relation thereto are for guide purposes only. For the avoidance of doubt, the date for the Booked Event is subject to change. In the event of the date changing and the Customer wishing to cancel its booking, the Customer must notify BoBT within 14 days of the date on which the Customer is notified of a change in date of the Booked Event. Such cancellation will be subject to the approval of BoBT and an administration charge equal to 20% of the Tour Package(s) as priced on the booking form.
10. The details of the Booked Event shown in any material supplied by BoBT are correct at the time of printing but the customer shall be responsible for checking with the event organisers that no alterations have been made.
11. The tickets in any Tour Package(s) sold are also subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Event venues, travel providers and other third party providers. BoBT shall have no liability whatsoever for any negligence or breach of the said terms and conditions by either the Customer or the Event venue/travel provider/third party promoter and the Customer shall indemnify BoBT against all losses, damages, costs and expenses incurred by BoBT in connection with any claim brought by the Event venue/travel provider/third party promoter against BoBT as a result of any breach of the said terms and conditions by the Customer. It shall be the responsibility of the Customer to obtain details of the Event venue’s/travel provider/third party promoter's terms and conditions.
12. BoBT shall not be held liable for any act or omission by any person not employed directly by BoBT. BoBT shall have no liability for the acts or omissions of the Event venue/travel provider/third party promoters, their servants, agents or employees.
13. Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by BoBT’s negligence, or as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, BoBT shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these Terms and Conditions for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of BoBT, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Booked Event (including any delay in providing or failure to provide the Booked Event).
14. BoBT is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to Customer except where such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of BoBT, its employees or agents. The entire liability of BoBT under, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed in any event the price of the Tour Package(s) except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions.
15. BoBT shall have no liability for any loss, damage or expense caused by cancellation of the Booked Event because of government action, strike, civil commotion, national disaster or other force majeure.
16. Any complaints must be received in writing by BoBT within seven days of the last day of the Booked Event. BoBT shall not be liable for any complaints received after that period.
17. BoBT shall have no responsibility for any property or personal effects left at the Booked Event by the Customer.
18. Where the Tour Package(s) are posted to the Customer, the risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer upon the items being posted to the address given by the Customer. BoBT shall not be liable for any loss, damage or cost arising from the delivery or non-delivery of the Tour Package(s). BoBT reserves the right to levy an additional charge for issuing replacement tickets and documents arising from non-delivery of the Tour Package(s).
19. The Tour Package(s) and tickets shall not be resold or transferred save as set out herein and shall not be purchased or obtained from or through any commercial agent or company or otherwise than directly from BoBT or an appointed agent of BoBT. If more than one Tour Package or ticket is issued to a customer those Tour Packages or tickets may be used only by those persons intending to accompany that Customer to and at the Booked Event. The provision of such Hospitality Packages and tickets by a Customer to such persons without payment shall contravene these Terms and Conditions. Any Tour Package(s) or tickets obtained in breach of these Conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such tickets shall be nullified. Any person seeking to use a ticket obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions in order to gain or provide entry to, or remain at, the Booked Event will be liable to be refused admission to or be ejected from the venue where the Booked Event is to be held and may be liable to legal action.
20. Tour Package(s) and tickets herein shall not be used as competition prizes or trade incentives nor may they be used in raffles, tombolas, lotteries or draws whether for commercial or charitable purposes without the prior permission of BoBT who may withhold such permission at its sole discretion. Please call us on +44 7852 765901 for further information.
21. Unless otherwise agreed these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
22. BoBT gives no warranty (whether expressed or implied under statute or otherwise) that the Booked Event shall take place at the time and place stipulated or at all and all conditions (whether expressed or implied, whether under statute or otherwise) in respect thereof are excluded. BoBT shall not be liable to give any refund if the booked Event shall be cancelled by the Event Organiser.
23. The Customer is responsible for taking out adequate insurance cover against cancellation, abandonment or postponement of the Booked Event.
24. No animals will be admitted to the venue or any car parks with the exception of guide dogs.
25 Ticket Issuing Procedures: Tickets and other admission documents will under no circumstances be issued prior to full payment relating to such tickets.
Version 1 (24 January 2022)
PRIVATE TOUR BOOKINGS:
By booking your tour with Battle of Britain Tours Ltd (BoBT) you agree the following:
Our full tour price can be paid immediately on booking. A 20% deposit is payable to confirm and reserve your booking with full tour price paid at least 30 days before the tour date. Payment can either made into our bank account via the BoBT website or an invoice. Please note, we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
If you are unable to undertake the tour on the date booked, we will endeavour to rearrange to an alternative date, but if this is not possible, your tour fee is non-refundable if less than 30 days notice is provided.
On receipt of deposit BoBT will endeavour to confirm its receipt and will then provide an itinerary of the tour booked.
Relevant entrance fees are included in the cost of the tour.
Battle of Britain Tours will confirm your pick up time according to your selected tour. Please ensure you are punctual as this can affect your itinerary which may have to be shortened accordingly. Your drop off time will also be advised on your itinerary.
BoBT has public liability insurance in the event of any fault claim. BoBT accept no responsibility for damage or loss to passengers’ goods or self and recommend all passengers have their own travel insurance. Passengers are expected to have their own personal travel insurance policy if they are unable to travel on the day of the booked tour.
Every effort is taken to ensure passengers see the booked tour location(s), however there may be situations beyond Travel England Tour’s control, ie unforeseen accidents, emergencies or natural disasters which we will not be held responsible for.
GROUP TOUR BOOKINGS:
Correct at time of writing, subject to reasonable change and will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Your booking is not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking. Full payment is required at time of booking. The tour is not booked until the full tour cost is paid. Payment to be paid in GBP.
If you cancel your East Kent day tour with notice of 30 days or less, your payment is non-refundable. If cancelled with more than 30 days notice, 50% is retained. This does not relate to third party costs (ie travel hire) which will have their own cancellation conditions to which passengers must adhere. If Covid has an effect on the tour date, a credit note will be given to undertake the tour on an alternative date.
Administration amendments to bookings will be accommodated free of charge up to 7 days prior to your tour. Amendments after this date will be charged at £5 per amendment.
Please refer to your individual tour template for specific details of what is included within each tour.
BoBT cannot be held responsible if you do not get to the correct departure point by the correct time.
Refusal to Travel
BoBT reserve the right to refuse to carry any passenger whose conduct or manner is likely to cause offence or upset another passenger. BoBT reserve the right to refuse to carry any passenger with medical symptoms that could affect other passengers. In these cases a full refund will be given to the passenger with no further liability due to them.
Limited luggage space is available on the East Kent tours. Each passenger is restricted to one small lightweight bag to keep withthem. BoBT reserves the right to not carry excess or overweight luggage. Bags are carried free of charge but at the owners risk. Luggage left on vehicles used by BoBTs are left entirely at the risk of the Customer.
Our tours are not suitable for children under 12. Children aged between 12-17 must be accompanied by at least one responsible adult.
Block booking tour series are available all year. Please contact to arrange.
Please see individual tour template for specific details of departure points.
Disability, Medical and Health Problems
BoBT will try to accommodate any disabilities or medical problems. The passenger is responsible for informing BoBT at the time of booking.
Accessibility and fitness considerations
Please refer to the individual tour template and FAQ section on the BoBT website.
Damages and responsibilities
BoBT accept no responsibility for damage or loss to passengers’ goods or self and recommend all passengers have their own travel insurance. Every effort is taken to ensure passengers see the booked tour location(s). However there may be situations beyond the control of Baattle fo Britain Tours, ie unforeseen accidents, emergencies or natural disasters for which which we will not be held responsible.
We take your privacy seriously and endeavour to process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We will only pass your personal details to third parties when relevant relevant to your booking eg for providers of accommodation).